Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Post From Work

So last night I went on a spree. I was bound to play some $1+.10 45-90 person SNGs on UltimateBet because I am sick of the 9 person ones(I find people don't care as much, therefore will go all-in with a wide range of hands and it is driving me nuts, and the payout for a win doesn't always justify all of the B.S.). But I found out something pretty important, people don't change their ways of playing just because of how many people are in the SNG, they still play like they don't care at all. I am not sure on the exact hand history as I am at work, and my PokerTracker is at home, but I will try...

45 person SNG, about 25-30 people left, so still pretty early, not even first break yet, blinds are about 50-100 and I have 2750 chips.
Dealt JhJs under-the-gun at a full table, so I raise it to 600(6xBB is a big raise, but in early position with JJ, I didn't want too many callers) and it folds around to the Cut-Off, who calls, everyone else folds, pot is now $1350.
Flop is 3c7sJc, good for me, so I lead out with a smaller continuation bet of 1/3 of the pot with 400, and the other guy pushes all in and has me covered by about 40 chips! So I am thinking either he has a smaller set(which didn't seem likely since he would have been calling a big raise with a pocket 3s or pocket 7s), a Ace(King, Queen, Ten) high flush draw(which I thought was most likely), or maybe a higher pair like Aces or Kings, which I had dominated right now. So I of course called, and what does he show?5c 8c?!?!
First....what the fuck were you calling a 6xBB bet preflop with that for, and second, why would you push with an 8 high flush draw??? Needless to say, he got his other club and beat me and I could have punched someone. This happened a couple more times last night on different tables in other ways, I think there was only one game where I just didn't get any good cards and just had to go in with 88 and got busted out, which is fine, it happens, but the other games pissed me off.
Tonight I am going to try to play in the CardsChat FullTilt Member's Freeroll if I can get out of work a little early, otherwise I might play some SNGs again tonight, but I am going to try to apply a different strategy. I will try to keep you posted. Take it easy.

0 comments: