Thursday, April 2, 2009

One Little Tidbit

Forgot to put this in the last post. But this is another reason that I am going to try to play more MTTs, because I feel like a lot of the people that are playing the 6-10 person SNGs will go call all-ins with such a wide range of hands that it sickens me, because they can just go right back to the lobby and play another one if they lose. While with a larger SNG or bigger MTT tourney, they can still go to the lobby and wait for one, but it will take longer, so they may be less likely to make some of their stupid calls.

For instance, Tuesday, I was playing a tourney on UB and was chip leader by about 150 chips and bet out 5xBB with pocket AA in early position, and it folds around to a guy on the button(2nd in chips), and he raised me about the size of the pot. The blinds folded back to me and I hesitated and then pushed all-in and the guy immediately calls with 33!!! What the hell kind of strategy is that? He was going up against the chipleader, the ONLY person in the game that could knock him out in one swoop and calls an all-in with a pair of 3's. Stupid...But of course, he gets his trips on the Turn and beats out my rockets to cripple me.

Just wanted to talk about this hand.

0 comments: