Friday, August 22, 2008

And It Begins

Hey everyone.

So if you couldn't tell from the title of the blog, my goal with this blog is to make it from a empty account on a poker site and turn it into 10 Grand within 24 months, starting through freerolls and eventually playing the bigger games. This is widely known as the Chris Ferguson Challenge, because he did this on FullTilt. I know that there are a bunch of other people who gave themselves a lot less time, but I have a job and a life and can't spend all day online playing poker(not putting down anyone that does, but it's true, I've got shit to do).

So I have just signed up for a new account on Carbon on Tuesday and have not deposited any money into it. It is nice on Carbon because they have New Player Freerolls for the first 14 days(I think) that your account has been opened and only those players are allowed to register. So maybe those will help get the ball rolling. I have played two already today and I swear, players with their All-Ins are 10x worse than on sites like UB or AP....terrible. You never know what they are holding.

Now hopefully I will try to update everyone(I say that like a ton of people are reading this, lol) as much as possible, so maybe everyday that I play I will try to post some update about how I did and what my current roll is. I am also going to try to stick fairly close to these rules:

  • Never buy into a cash game or a Sit & Go for more than 5% of my total bankroll; the only exception is at the lowest limits: allowed to buy into any game with a buy-in of $2.50 or less
  • Can’t buy into any multi-table tournaments for more than 2% of my total bankroll; the only exception was $1 MTTs
  • If at any time during a No-Limit or Pot-Limit cash-game session the money on the table represented more than 10% of my total bankroll, he had to leave the game when the blinds reached him
Oh yea, I will probably be posting some of my updates on my blog at PokerSpace as well. You all should sign up there, I signed up about 3 months ago and I go there everyday. It's like Facebook for poker players. Anyway, good luck on the felt guys!

0 comments: