Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Real Money on FullTilt

So I haven't posted in a while, I feel like I am always saying this, but I have been busy as hell, and haven't had much time to play poker, let alone post a blog post about how I did. There really wasn't too much last week anyway. Since winning the 45-man SNG, I pretty much evened out, cashing in one then losing in two, no remarkable hands or anything.

Tonight I played in a CardsChat member's freeroll on FullTilt and I got 6th place(I think I should have done a lot better, but I will explain some of those hands in a minute). For getting 6th, I got $7.50, so that brings my FT account up to just over $8, which makes it a lot easier than the .50c I had before. Now on to some of my hands in that game:

Actually, both of the game-changing hands I am going to talk about(one good and one bad), were AK Offsuit. In the first one, I was UTG(Under The Gun) and flat called with another caller behind me, then a player in middle position raised to 5xBB preflop, and the other player and I called. Flop comes J-Q-10 rainbow, I hit the nut straight! I needed to slow play this hand, so I just checked and the girl behind me bets the pot, $5000, the original raisor RAISES her all-in($8900), then I obviously re-raise all-in($9600), and that girl calls and has us covered! She turns over A3off, stupid hand that she never should have played(she is a pretty good player too, came back later on and cashed as well, not sure what she was thinking here). The pre-flop raisor had AQ of diamonds, which there were none on the board. The board held up and I became tournament chip leader with a stack 2x 2nd place. This hand skyrocketed me.

The next hand, the one I didn't like, happened about 5 hands before I busted out. I had AKoff again in middle position. The guy in UTG+1 raised it 6xBB($9600) and had about $20,000 left, so I put him all-in, I had about $40,000, and everyone else folded. He thought about it for a long time and was saying in the chat, "Should I really do this with 33?" and he called!!! Needless to say, the pocket 33 held up and I didn't improve and it hurt my quite a bit and I never recovered. I hate when people make those dumbass calls pre-flop, but two things that I realize that many people don't, A. It's a freeroll and people aren't losing any buy-in by making dumb plays, and B. AKoff is not anywhere near a made hand. It is the best drawing hand that you can have, but nothing else, so oh well. Maybe there will be more later on in the week. Take it easy all.

0 comments: