Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Short Update Problems

Hey all, sorry for not getting back later on that night and posting those hands, I got home and my computer was down and I have been having problems pretty much ever since. After I got the computer back up and running due to a memory issue(just a bad stick), I updated to Windows 7 and I have been having some problems connecting to my Holdem Manager database. So now what is on my agenda is I am taking spare parts from all of the computers that I have built in the past and I am making a linux server that will probably partially be a media server, but mainly it will host my Holdem Manager PostgreSQL Database on it, so that way I will just be able to connect to it from anywhere, including from my laptop if I'm away from home or something. This will be so much better than having to import and export the databases from each computer everytime I want to use one or the other if I want to keep my stats 100% up to date. So right now I am in the process of getting all of this older hardware(some of which may have been the problem with those old computers) all put together and working correct and then I am going to put Ubuntu 9.10 on it, which comes out tomorrow. At the moment, for some reason the computer isn't recognizing both the hard drive and the DVD-R at the same time, only one. It doesn't matter how I have them set up either, whether on different IDE slots or if they are set up as master/slave configs. So that will be my project this weekend between going out and partying for Halloween. But I am pretty excited about that, especially since I will be up and running again with poker. It's not that I couldn't play without all of this being done, I just have that on my mind now and I want all of this finished and out of the way before I do anything else now, lol.
Other than that, I have noticed that the graph on the sidebar freezes Internet Explorer everytime the page loads, so that is gone for good now. For a while I had thought that I fixed that problem, but it's back. I would really rather not have the crappy picture that you have to click on to see well, but I will find something to go in that graph's place. Although when I was searching for widgets, it looks like Google got rid of a lot of them. So be on the watchout for that.
Last note....we have a real URL now!!! Absoluthamm.com is now the official address for this page(just a redirect obviously) so that will be a lot nicer than typing out buildthatbankroll.blogspot.com. I have a lot of plans for that domain in the future as well (maybe I will design a new site and host it on that linux box that I'm getting up ;) ). Well, that's all I've got for today. Hope everyone has a great Halloween weekend playing poker or partying and getting wasted... I know I should be doing the former, but I will definitely be doing the latter. Peace

0 comments: