Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hump Day, Bump Day

Stupid title, I know. So it's been going fairly well this past two weeks, not nearly as good as the month before the last post, but that wasn't necessarily expected. Lately I have been playing cash games a lot on FullTilt, still trying to perfect my strategy, and I am learning something every time I play. One thing is that you can make a lot of money off of the super loose people, but another thing is that you can lose a lot of money to those super loose people as well. Since I have tightened my distribution up, there have been quite a few times when I would get a hand like QQ that improves to a set on the flop of 3Q6, and I lose to the low straight...granted, you will see that at any level when there is no betting pre-flop, but you wouldn't expect someone to A. call a sizable raise pre-flop with 47o, B. call a continuation bet on the flop with an inside straight draw, C. call ANOTHER continuation bet on the turn with the same draw.... Some people just drive me nuts, and I know that I'll never get away from those idiots making those plays, because as much as there are people at the micros playing like that because they don't have the bankroll to play the higher games, there are also idiots with money that you will find in the bigger games playing the same way and normally just spewing their money away.
So anyway, on FullTilt I made about another $4.50 in the past two weeks. Had a couple bad days in which I had lost 2 buyins and at one point I was down to $14 because of people sucking out on me, or me just forgetting my new strategy and playing way too loose, and losing because of it. Going back to the better range, I came right back. Also, FullTilt has a promotion going on right now called TakeTwo, which is kind of like the Iron Man challenge in which you get awarded for playing so many days in a month. So for the first 10 days you play and make 1 FPP, you get $5, then for playing 10 days you get another $10(total $15), 15 days is another $10(total $25) and if you play 25 days out of the 30 in September, you get another $25(total $50). So I didn't know about this until about the 8th(Labor Day weekend killed my poker time) so I only got 2 out of the first 8 days of the month, so that killed my chances of making the full amount. But since then I have played 16 days out of the month, so I will be getting another $25 to play with for clearing the bonus, so that will help out TONS, nearly doubling my roll. Wish FT had this promo running all of the time, lol.
On UltimateBet, the only thing that changed was I played a $2+.20 SNG just to kill time one night and I got 2nd place in it to get $5.20($3 profit). Nothing else very interesting on there.

0 comments: