Wednesday, July 8, 2009

WSOP Month Was Good To Me

OK, so when I last updated you guys I had just cashed in my first Fantasy Poker Event on FullTilt. Since then I have played two more, and I believe I have another two coming up. Anyway, the ones that I played were the NL 6-Max and the Omaha Hi Low 8/b. In the NL 6-Max I can't remember what place I got into, but I know that I cashed for $2, so that was a plus. In the Omaha game, I just couldn't get anything going, seemed like the only time I was winning hands, I was splitting it for the low or high, drove me nuts. There were a TON of people sitting out that must have forgotten about it, so had I played smart, I probably could have outlasted them until they were blinded away and made the money, but oh well.

On UltimateBet, I was playing one of the weekly CardsChat Tournaments and ended up getting 4th place in it and took home $12 for that, which was nice because I have felt like UB hasn't done much for me lately.

Then tonight, I was playing in another CardsChat event on Bodog and got 2nd place, adding another $24 to my account, and had I waited for a better hand, I may have been able to win it, but here was the scenario. About 5-10 minutes into HeadsUp I was dealt 98s, so I made the standard p/f raise of about 3XBB, he calls. Flop comes A98 rainbow, how much better could it have been? He was betting just about anything on every flop, so I checked to him knowing he was going to bet, he bet the pot and I just called. The turn brought a rag, so I checked again and this time he min bet, so I pushed and he called(had me covered by about 8k chips). He turns over A9 for the top 2 pair to my middle 2.... needless to say, my hand didn't improve on the river(was only about 2% to hit one of the other 2 8s) and I got 2nd, which is my biggest cash on Bodog so far.

Other than that, I have a lot of little tournaments coming up this weekend that I will be playing in and hopefully making something out of. A bunch of these stupid Sit-N-Learn Freerolls on FullTilt, which I don't even know what the payout is or anything, so we'll see if I even play them. But until next time, see ya at the tables...

0 comments: