Monday, July 13, 2009

Full Tilt Is Growing

The past couple days have been pretty successful for me. First I will start with Friday, which really wasn't a success, but that was out of my own stupidity. I was playing the CardsChat Carbon Freeroll, in which 5 places pay out, well, I made it down to the final six and I'm sure I could have made it into the money, because there was one other player that was below my chipstack by quite a bit, but I was also fairly low and needed to make a move to move up in spots. My problem came in that I wasn't just playing for the money, but also a CardsChat Challenge called Last Person Standing, or LPS, which really doesn't get you much but your name on a leaderboard and some bragging rights. In the challenge it was down to me and one other person, who had about double my stack and I needed to catch up to him in order to make any kind of a run on him. So I was in early position with AJs and pushed(only had about 6BBs left anyway). and I got called by the Small Blind who had AQo, I caught my Jack on the flop, but then on the river he improved to an Ace high straight, and I was out on the bubble. Had I not been trying to catch up to him I'm not sure I would have made this move right here, but possibly just tried to eke my way into the money, but oh well.

On to Full Tilt, where there was actually some progress... On Saterday, I played about 15 of these Sit-N-Learn freerolls, which I won tickets to through the Full Tilt Academy, and with them, the top 100 get a ticket to a $5000 freeroll on Sunday, so through playing the 15 or so, I ended up getting tickets to the Sunday in 7 of them(which I found out later didn't matter because you can't redeem anything from them by unregistering =/, I just made it so the field was a little smaller). So Sunday, I got to play in this one, which I ended up making $12, but I should have been higher, here is how I went out. So a player in early position with a stack just above mine raised pre-flop to about 5XBB and I look down at AKo, so I just flat called, not wanting to get into a huge pot with an unmade hand preflop, everyone else folded. Flop comes Axx, GREAT! He raises the pot, so I reraisedthe new pot and he pushes allin, I call and he shows me the AQo, perfect, only 3 outs for him. Turn comes a 9 and of course the river is a Q, so I was out. I felt like I played the hand great, just got screwed by the river. Nothing that I did was going to make him put that hand down.

I also won $2.50 in the Fantasy Freeroll for Limit Stud Hi Lo, which I got about 95th place out of 800 or so, which I find pretty good since I usually suck at Hi-Lo games, just because I am so used to Holdem, but I am getting a lot better at recognizing the low without problems. So now I'm up to about $22.50 in my FullTilt account, which is obviously the highest I have had it for the challenge. Hopefully this week will be as good as last, talk to ya later!

0 comments: