Monday, February 22, 2010

Up In Limits

So FullTilt has been steadily growing just as it was before my vacation(by the way, sorry about no updates while out there, I had no WIFI to work with.). I had built my account to just over $140 and decided that it was time to move up to 5NL. While I still think that it was the right time to move up, yesterday variance hit me like a bitch. I lost more money with AA's yesterday than I have in the past 2 years. I got it 8 times yesterday. Two times I was in the BB and it folded around to me, so I gained 1/2 a BB. One hand I got all-in with another guy with my AA, he turns over KK, that's fine. Flop comes JTQ rainbow. Now he has 6 outs, about 24%, the four 9's for the straight and my last two Aces for the straight. Turn blanks and the river brings the 9. He had me covered, I lose my stack. Later on I get AA again, another guy and I get into a raise war that ended with him calling my 4-bet. Flop comes 8A8. I check, he pushes, I insta-call. He had JJ. I start to fist pump, he needs runner runner J's to win. Needless to say, the turn brings the first J and the river brings the 2nd J. Once again, he had me covered, I lost my stack. I ended up losing around $8.50 yesterday. I don't think I played any huge hands terribly, just got extremely sucked out on. Although I would have made the call with the KK preflop as well probably.

On the other hand, I think this week I might take a little break from FullTilt and play a little on PokerStars and Bodog. I have kind of neglected those two for a while now since I pretty much exclusively started playing ring. I just have to get my mindset into the tournament style, there is a difference you know, which is why playing poker is clearly a game of skill. Til next time, take it easy!

0 comments: