Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Found My Groove

So after pouring over hand histories through Holdem Manager for hours I found a couple leaks in my game that I thought would completely turn my cash game around, and boy have they this month so far. One big thing was that I was playing about 5-8% more hands than I would have liked to have been playing, and another being that I didn't feel like I wasn't aggressive preflop as I think I should have been. So I narrowed my range down a bit and upped the preflop raising a bit and voila...up 8 full buyins so far in January! I have only played about 2000 hands, but I have been playing a lot more so far this month than I had in the past couple, and it's showing. Another thing that I have started to try and do more is keep a better book on my opponents(taking notes on their tendencies and weaknesses that I notice), and that has sure helped here and there as well. The only problem that I have been having with that is that I play on 3 different computers, and the notes are kept locally on your computer, so as soon as I switch computers, my notes are gone as well. I thought about possibly writing a program that I can keep on my flash drive that will keep all of my notes stored there, because I always have my flash drive, but I don't know if I want to dive into something like that right now. We'll see.

Also, I got 4th in a $8.80 tournament and took down $85 for that, and the next day I was just into the money and took $15 for another, so up another $84 on Bodog. I don't have access to all of my poker rooms right now, so I will update my monetary totals later today and get some current values up there. But I better get back to work. Until next time, good luck at the tables.

0 comments: