Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Years

Happy Early New Years everyone! For some people in Europe I might be fairly close, but I'm still about 10 hours away. Although only about 2 hours away from starting to party for it!

So the last couple weeks have been very exciting for me, and that is part of the reason that I haven't posted at all. On December 22nd, the Tuesday before Christmas, I proposed to my girlfriend to marry me, and she of course said yes. I did it as a huge surprise for her as well. We both live in Chicago, but her family is from Austin, Texas and she was going down there for the holidays. Well, I flew in earlier than she did so that I could get her parents permission and then surprise her when she walked in the door and I was there on one knee. It took me a couple months of planning and a LOT of lying to her to make sure she had absolutely no clue(I was really afraid someone in her family would slip up). I then spent the rest of the week there with them and it couldn't have been a better Christmas. I might try to post some pictures a little later, but I don't have them here at work.

On to poker. I really haven't played too much, and when I have, I have been having a bad run. I have bubbled out of the last 5 Bodog $8.80 tournaments that I have played in and I can't figure out what's going on. I do great until right before the bubble then I just start spewing chips. I need to reevaluate what's going on. Also, I have been having a lot of people end up screwing me on my big hands with hands they should have never called with. Today I was dealt AA with a medium/short stack and a guy that just barely had me covered called with 97s. He ended up making his flush(which I had the Ace for), but why would you call that right on the bubble? I can't figure this play out. I wish I could get REAL hand histories for Bodog so I could go over them, but Bodog's software sucks and won't let you.

I played very little on FullTilt, but I did have the opportunity to play on there from about 35,000ft, which was pretty cool. On my way back from Austin, I got free WIFI and played the entire time on FT in Matrix tournaments, one which I cashed in all 4, the other which I busted in all 4, so I broke even. It was just a cool way to pass the time on a plane.

Well, I am done for today. I just found out that I get to leave work early, so I am taking off in about 4 minutes. It's time to partay!! Have a great night everyone. Don't do anything I wouldn't do ;)

0 comments: