Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Years Resolution

So New Years is gone and passed and I am off to a goo start so far, both for making money and for volume put in. So far this year I have put in 20k hands, which is a lot for me in essentially not even two weeks. I started out with a little down spurt, but have been working my way back up ever since. So far this month I am up almost 6 buy-ins at 10NL and that is in profits from the tables. I am also getting about another 4 buy-ins from rakeback. On top of that, because of the 3 consecutive months that I qualified for IronMan Silver on FullTilt, I acquired $150 in bonus as my Year-End Bonus. I am in the process of working that off, which I am about 55% of the way through so far and I have until February 14th to finish off, so that is going to be a really nice little boost to the roll. I am right on the rim of pushing into the $500 range for my roll, and I was over it for a little while earlier today, but by the time I ended my session, I came back down just below it. Hopefully either by tonight's sessions or definitely by tomorrow morning when my rakeback comes in, I will be over $500.

Once I clear my bonus, I think I might take a break from Tilt possibly. I keep hearing from everyone how soft the micros are there(not that they aren't at Tilt). I have never really played any volume there and I am curious to see how the rewards system works first hand and everything. I think I'm going to transfer some of my money from my Bodog account over to my Stars account so I can have a base. I haven't been playing too much on Bodog because I don't like having a restriction of only 4 tables even though they are soft. If things don't transition well from Tilt to Stars, then I have no problem going back to Tilt. I personally really like the look and feel of it better, but I would like to see if I can establish myself on Stars as well.

Also regardless of if I don't stay on Stars, once my bonus is completely cleared, I am turning off Rush. I am going to temporarily drop down a level and grind out 6 Max. I have been relying on Rush a ton to crank out the points I need for certain things, but I don't feel like it is helping me get better as a solid player as fast as I would if I was playing normal tables. I want to get better at table dynamics when the players aren't changing every 2 seconds. I think I am going to start out at 6 tabling, but I have a feel that I will be upping that fairly quickly since I am transitioning from 4 tables of fast as hell paced Rush. Hopefully everything works out for me this year and for you guys as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am a little confused here. if you play four tables of rush, you should play what, an hour a day, more or less? i normally play just 2 tables and hit 10 hands/minute regularly. at 10nl that used to be enough to get to 125 points in just over 2 hours. why in the world do you get to just silver then? ;)

my personal experience has been that stars is not worth it if you are a micro player. they do not have cash rakeback, and the way points work is simply not enough unless you grind lots and lots of hands. and the games are slightly softer, but not that much, so... not for me. do share your opinion later, of course.

Notes:
- my blog which i use to log in here has not been updated in years, but this is my CC nick as well
- i switched to 25nl slightly under-rolled (about $420) just in order to clear my new year bonus, but that has been going extremely well for me with just minor modifications to my strategy (don't call on the river that much... duh).

AbsolutHamm said...

Late in the year I was only playing 5NL 4 tables and I would get up to 50 points in ~ an hour, for 25 days getting me up to Silver. Then in December, I moved up to 10NL completely, but I was unable to play for the 25 days to get up to Gold(holidays and such) so I had to settle with Silver again.

As far as Stars, yea, I know I'm going to be foregoing rakeback and I am not very keen on Stars' software, but I'm going to take a month and just see how it goes. If I move back to Tilt, then it's no big deal. I am going to be starting out at 10NL on Stars, so I won't be at the extreme micros, but still, not having that rakeback could be a massive deal killer.
Thanks benevg

CSuave said...

Hamm, love the focus on getting better and improving your game.... especially on the realization that RUSH does not necessarily improve your game. GL and keep grinding..... See you on CardsChat.