Tuesday, May 4, 2010

FT Ring and SCOOP

So I'm back again after yet another 20 day absence. Just about all of the free time that I've had at the computer that wasn't spent looking up apartments(I'm moving in July) or doing little wedding things has been playing poker. It has shown quite a bit as well. At the end of the month in April, I ended up up 5 buy-ins, being as low as negative 3 buy-ins in the middle of the month after a nasty swing. So far in May, I am up almost 3 buy-ins, so once again it is starting off good. For some reason the beginning and the end of the month has been fine for me, it's right in the middle that just kill me. All of my winnings graphs for each month are V shaped. But I did get my FT account over $200 for the first time, so I consider that a milestone!

This month I plan on trying to put in a larger amount of hands, but the big problem is that I haven't had a free weekend in about 2 months. Two weekends ago I was at Indiana University for a bachelor party, last weekend I was at Western Illinois University for a house party weekend, and this coming weekend I am going to be down at my own alma mater, Purdue University, to take engagement pictures with my beautiful finace(only problem is that I don't like taking pictures...) So hopefully the end of the month will give me some more time, otherwise it will just continue to be trying to grind after work.

Tonight, I am playing in Event #8 of the SCOOP series on Stars. I won a $109 ticket to whichever event I wanted to play and I checked out all of my options. Most of the $109 events are at times that I would be completely unable to make at least the first hour or 3 of the tournaments because of work, so I just counted those out. Some of them, I didn't feel like playing because I definitely don't have enough experience(ie. Badugi, Razz, etc.) even though I know the game, I know it wouldn't be worth my time because I wouldn't get anything out of it. Basically what it came down to was the medium NLHE event tonight, the medium NLHE event next Tuesday, or the low NLHE 2-day Main Event next weekend. I would have loved to play the Main Event, but that would mean two consecutive nights of staying up until at least 4am when I have to be up for work at 7am. I really don't feel like doing that(who knows, if I do well tonight, then I might say screw it and take a shot at it). I chose today's tournament over next week's just because I know I have tonight free, and who the hell knows what is going to be planned for me next week, so I need to take advantage of that free time. As of 30 minutes to start, there are 2,500 players in the event and about 370 are getting paid, so all I can say is wish me luck because first place right now is just over $40K and that would put me well over my 10K mark and I could change the format of this site into something else. Take it easy and good luck to all of those who are in OTHER SCOOP events ;).

1 comments:

CSuave said...

Good to see you are back at the tables. Keep up the good work.